UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2006, 1:56 pm   #1
jim_beacon
Retired Dormant Member

Default FotH tv webpage

Hi All,

I have started (with Kat's permission) to put together a webpage about the "Fools on the Hill" TV project, here:

www.g1jbg.co.uk/fothtv.htm

So far, it has some basic information, and links to (most of?) the relevant pages on the forum and elsewhere.

Over the next few weeks I will try to fill in some of the detail that people will need to build a system, so I will welcome comments!

Jim.
Old 12th Oct 2006, 1:19 pm   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: FotH tv webpage

Hi,

I'm working on a few things which will likely appear first on Jim's page.

Right now I'm refining existing modelines and working out new ones (got the old US 441-line, 30fps interlaced standard working last night - more to follow.) These will all end up in one X configuration file so all you need to do is downlaod that file onto a working MythTV system, select the standard you want and you're away.

Once I've done that I'll work through a fresh installation of the current (R5D1) KnoppMyth release and write up a basic "HOWTO".

I'll pass both the X configuration file and the HOWTO on to Jim for his page. Once I've got enough material written I'll start work on the 'official' site - I've not done much work on it as there wasn't much I could put on it.

Regards, Kat
Old 12th Oct 2006, 3:09 pm   #3
beery
Heptode

Default Re: FotH tv webpage

Hi Jim and Kat,
that's great.
I would like to have a go at this. I am ok with computers, but have never done anything with Linux.

I just need a suitable PC and maybe a bit of help to get me started.
I will probably try to design my own combiner and half line pulse generator.

Cheers
Andy
Closed Thread