UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2015, 3:23 pm   #21
jez_145
Pentode

Default Re: For Dremel owners

In the absence of Lidl having the accessory kits in stock, it's worth trying Maplins. They do a 400 piece accessory kit (item code N63BX) which is frequently on offer. It's included in just about all of their promotions (i.e. pretty regularly) at which time it goes for 11.99 rather than 22.99. Until recently the promotion price was 9.99 but it's still good value. Just make sure to wait for a promotion though !

Dremels versus others. Well, I definitely prefer my Dremel (300) to any other "cheaper" equivalent I've tried so far (and I've had a few). I think that providing you don't over stress them, they're fine. I've heard people mention that the switches can fail but haven't had any problems so far. In fact, I recently made a footswitch for it which, obviously, reduces wear and tear on the built in switch and also allows the speed setting to be retained.

Jerry
Closed Thread