UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Aug 2011, 5:29 pm   #1
david winter
Hexode

Default Will DP26, PEM268, PEM369 work on a PR99 + bias compatibility with PEM468

Hello,

I got a box of the following tapes (as new):
DP26 FE LH 18
PEM 369
PEM 268

I wanted to know whether they will work fine on a Revox PR99 physically talking because I don't want that they stretch due to tape tension.
I also wanted to know whether they will be compatible with the actual bias of my machine, which is set to the PEM468.
I seems to work great with Maxell XL35, RMGi LPR-35 and PER-528.

Thanks for your details,

David.
Old 21st Aug 2011, 5:43 pm   #2
Ted Kendall
Dekatron

Default Re: Will DP26, PEM268, PEM369 work on a PR99 + bias compatibility with PEM468

If the tapes you list give acceptable results, then those in the box shouldn't present problems. DP on a small hub may be risky if the brakes are out of kilter, but these are all from the same family. In days of yore, we used to bias afresh for every batch, but that was being picky.
Closed Thread