UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Oct 2017, 1:45 pm   #1
captainpugwash
Hexode

Default Zenith 57Z reel to reel recorder info needed.

Good afternoon,

I have just rescued this deck from tape recorder oblivion.

It is a Zenith 57Z recorder and is 110v. As I lifted it a few bits of solidified belt fell out.

I have never seen one in the flesh only in pictures where it seems to "pop up" as if by magic from the internals of a presumably Zenith radiogram.

I am looking for any info at all before I make a start.

I do have a little info on Zenith valve and transistor amps and tuners but nothing on tape decks.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zenith 1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	151012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zenith 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	151013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zenith 3.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	151014  
Old 25th Oct 2017, 6:40 am   #2
EMI BTR 3
Tetrode

Default Re: Zenith 57Z reel to reel recorder info needed.

This machine was OEM 3M and is basically a rebadged Wollensak 5780 deck. It dates from circa 1966. You're also correct that it came from a Zenith radiogram....a few of their top of range models included one of these decks in a pull-up compartment.
Closed Thread