UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Mar 2017, 2:58 pm   #1
Andrew B
Hexode

Default Valve testing Leeds/Bradford area

The valves are 6KD6 x 2, 6GK6 x 1 and 6CB6 x 1

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew now 2E0OIR
Old 19th Mar 2017, 4:14 pm   #2
Techman
Octode

Default Re: Valve testing Leeds/Bradford area

The 6KD6 is an old American 12 pin 'sweep tube' and more commonly used in RF amplifiers. You'll not get any meaningful results trying to test one of these on a standard valve tester, at least I wouldn't have thought so. The only proper test for these is in an actual circuit. The way I test anything like this is to rig up a circuit with 'meaty' power supplies and a few AVO meters and a load of croc clip wires.
Old 19th Mar 2017, 5:25 pm   #3
Andrew B
Hexode

Default Re: Valve testing Leeds/Bradford area

I undersand Techman, the only way seems to test them is by substitution, to which I would probably not bother and fit EL519's and bases, rewire etc.

Andrew now 2E0OIR
Closed Thread