UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2012, 6:16 pm   #21
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye Black Box

Great! I'm glad it was that simple.

I'm afraid as my BB is in storage at the mo., I can't help you with the motor query, but it sounds a bit suspicious to me. I presume the rotor's absolutely free, and that the speed of the turntable is approximately correct?

Someone else with a UA6 must be able to help. If no luck on this thread after a day or so, I suppose you could start a separate one with a more explanatory title.

If the worst happens, I'm sure I have some UA6 bits lying around somewhere which you'd be welcome to.

N.
Old 5th May 2012, 9:19 am   #22
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Hi Nick, Thanks for the reply and offer of parts.

I've had a look at the motor and it does look like it's overheated in the past. The bobbins are badly warped, but the windings seem to look OK.

I plan to make a start on the cabinet now. Once finished (could take a while, it's a wreck) I'll put it all back together, start using it seriously and then see what happens to the motor!

Regards
David
Old 5th May 2012, 9:27 am   #23
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Warped bobbins seem normal though. Here's my motor as I was taking it apart:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UA6 Motor.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	124.1 KB