UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2014, 10:11 am   #1
tim.norris
Hexode

Default Bush DAC90

Does anyone know if the rear panels of the DAC90 and DAC90A are the same size and if the mounting holes are in the same place? I'm struggling getting hold of a DAC90 (large Octal Valve ) back panel and was thinking of modifying the more popular Dac 90A. All help appreciated.

Regards, Tim.
Old 16th Sep 2014, 6:25 pm   #2
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush DAC90

Hi Tim, The backs would be interchangeable on the two sets I have, Except for the Mains connectors. The DAC90A is approximately one inch lower and slightly to the left when compared to the DAC90. The text on the backs are the same but in slightly different position around the mains connectors. I think you could Hard Wire the mains, paint out the "A" and of course burn a hole top right of back and only a Bush expert would know.

John.
Old 16th Sep 2014, 8:16 pm   #3
tim.norris
Hexode

Default Re: Bush DAC90

John , thanks for that , i have hard wired the Dac 90 so could use the 90a back , re the "burn hole" i`ve fitted a capacitive dropper to it so it shouldnt burn the new back !
thanks again, tim.
Closed Thread