UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Feb 2012, 1:15 am   #1
Dickiemick
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ultra 6018

Hi
Help is required I have just got a ultra 6018 which works ok except the turntable rotates at an irregular speed. Being a bumpy when it comes to anything mechanical I would apreciate some help.
So if anyone can assist I would be grateful
The turntable is a BSR

Thanks
Dickiemick
Old 9th Feb 2012, 7:15 pm   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Ultra 6018

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Take the turntable off, and remove the little rubber wheel (jockey wheel). Watch out for tiny washers. Go round the edge of the wheel with medium grade wet-and-dry paper, making sure you do it evenly all round, then replace, and put one tiny drop of oil on the centre before replacing the circlip. Do not touch the jockey wheel with oily fingers, it must be scrupulously clean. Put a couple of drops on the motor shaft, where it comes out of the motor. Again, make sure no oil gets on the steps of the shaft.Clean the inside rim of the turntable with pure alcohol or white spirit, and replace. Try now, and if it has not cured the problem, get back to us.

Barry
Closed Thread