UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Aug 2015, 1:44 pm   #21
Okto1984
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: What VHS tapes do you like to use?

I always liked Maxell. They had a heavy, solid feel and lasted ages. I actually had some Maxell cassettes older than I am (very early 80s) which were in regular use until about 3 years ago. I've since moved over to a HDD recorder with scart output, which visually looks as good as the original digital broadcast. Unfortunately I didn't know anyone still using VHS by that point, or I'd have passed the cassettes on. I wasn't a member here back then and honestly thought it was the last VHS player being used in the world!
Old 7th Aug 2015, 8:32 pm   #22
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: What VHS tapes do you like to use?

It is a long time since I had a VHS machine but I bought well known makes of tapes and never had any problems with them.

When the VHS machines started to be sold there were some NTSC blank video tapes around, the PAL ones were in short supply. I saw a few machines that had used the NTSC tapes and the heads had clogged up and the picture quality from the tape when in use was not good ( I am being kind ).
Frank
Closed Thread