UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2009, 8:58 am   #1
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Felt protector pads ('feet')

Many woodies have small rubber protector feet, but often have felt ones. I'm always on the lookout for things which can be of use in restoration, and in on of the many "pound" shops I came across a pack of 80 assorted felt pads. I've since seen them in other stores, albeit more expensive.

They come in a 'bubble' display pack about 7" wide and 11" tall, entitled '80 Felt Protector Pads". There are 14 1.5" diam, 36 about 1" and 28 about 3/4". Additionally there are 8 strips about 6" long and 0.5" wide, and two pads 6" x 4.5", which could be cut to size.

They're self adhesive, but I guess could be tacked on with brass panel pins to make them more secure. They're a light fawn colour, but just a touch of woodstanin of any colour soaks into them like blotting paper to match the cabinet - albeit they aren't generally seen.

They're nice quality - dense felt, about 3/16" thick.

Worth keeping a lookout for!

Hope that's of interest to someone.

David,
G4EBT
Old 13th May 2009, 9:53 am   #2
AlanBeckett
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Felt protector pads ('feet')

David,
In the garage I have two packs of felt feet with pins in the middle. I believe they came from Poundland. XYL proudly came home with the second pack a few months ago. I said I'd put it with the first pack which I'd never found a use for. However, I'd never thought of my (wooden) Pyes. There might be a few browny points to be gained there!
Alan
Old 13th May 2009, 10:18 am   #3
Tim
Dekatron

Also available at Wilkinsons I think.
Old 13th May 2009, 10:51 am   #4
AlanBeckett
Rest in Peace

Tim,
I believe you're right! She does go to 'Wilcos' regularly.
Alan
Old 13th May 2009, 11:56 am   #5
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

I've found them at Wilco, Lidl, Aldi and various haberdashery shops and market stalls, in all shapes, colours and sizes. Definitely no shortage!