UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Old 8th Apr 2024, 9:51 am   #21
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: Golborne Sunday 7th April

Hi Greg,

Many thanks for muling the stuff from Andy. I'll see you at Retrotec.

Whilst I think of it, I'll ask in the Retrotec thread about parking around mid-morning at the Retrotec event.

Terry.
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2024, 4:06 pm   #22
Squipper
Pentode

Smile Re: Golborne Sunday 7th April

Turned out nice again

Thanks to all involved in the organisation in yesterdays event, I had a most splendid time.

Much banter was had, a few structured conversations, and more than a modicum of mirth.

Some old (but new to me) Roberts radios to keep me going for a month until the next restock at Retrotech.

Special and massive thanks to Mike for the original Roberts R300 box. That, although just a box, is my favourite take away from the event. More Roberts ephemera is always on my wishlist, and if anyone has any, please get in touch to discuss. I'm generally fine for radios themselves, there aren't many a model that Roberts produced, that haven't ever crossed my bench, including some rarities. Bits and bobs are what I'm actively looking for now.

I was happy to be the Bring & Buy Guy for the event, manning the table with George, and thank you to those who bore with me whilst I learned the ropes.

We raised just shy of £30 for the museum, and the decks were clear at the end - no bits or bobs left over - this makes a massive difference, and is a big help - so a thank you to all for making it the success it was.

Paul

PAUL - BVWS Member
Squipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2024, 9:35 pm   #23
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Thank you, Paul, for taking on the B&B at short notice. I'm glad it went well and made a reasonable return.

I was very sorry to miss the event, and am looking forward to October.
Old 9th Apr 2024, 8:31 am   #24
linescan87
Heptode

Glad everyone seemed to have a great day, I'll be over for the October one and I'm looking forward to it. See you then.

www.youtube.com/c/ojnojirishvintagetvandradio
linescan87 is offline   Reply With Quote