UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Mar 2015, 3:00 pm   #21
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig A8400 CUC720

The PCB appears to have provision for an alternative.
Old 30th Mar 2015, 2:08 am   #22
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig A8400 CUC720

Out of curiosity, is the small label with "E062" also on the other modules? 062 means "made in June 1982" but I can't really place the E. Normally a G was printed on that position for Grundig, and some years later the B for Blaupunkt was introduced and probably the S for Siemens.

I suppose E could be for Ersatz (replacement) in which case other modules will have labels with different production dates. Or the E could be for the country of origin. Is there a "Made in" line on the type label?

P.S. I'm the proud owner of a technically quite similar (though using EAROM instead of battery backed RAM) Grundig B8898 CUC740 set, which I used as my main TV for several years (now using a more modern M70-590/9 CUC5860). It needs the speaker relay replaced and hasn't been used for a few years now but I should get around to fixing it, one of these days. Excellent set.

Last edited by Maarten; 30th Mar 2015 at 2:16 am.
Closed Thread