UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Oct 2015, 1:53 am   #21
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Full HD to French 819 lines - question dedicated to Aurora

I suspected as much, John. Well done on finding that chip information. I guess one day I might break out that connector and attempt to work out which lines do what.
Old 2nd Nov 2015, 12:40 pm   #22
dominicbeesley
Octode

Default Re: Full HD to French 819 lines - question dedicated to Aurora

I started looking into this a while back as part of my playing around with FPGAs. I've managed to generate HDMI signals (an FPGA BBC micro running at 60Hz refresh rate). Decoding is more tricky. As has been said the HDCP keys are the problem, though they have been pretty comprehensively cracked it is still not kosher to roll your own. I too started looking at borrowing the innards of a TV as the starting point but so far, all I have is the same as Karen - some likely looking boards. One day, when I get round to it, I'll have a go at hooking them up to a Logic analyser...

D
Closed Thread