UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Aug 2015, 12:25 am   #1
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default Telford Hamfest

According to this website...

http://www.telfordhamfest.org.uk

...there is a meet in Ironbridge on Sunday 6th September.

It is not one I have been to before but I might go along, if only to meet other local techies.
Old 6th Sep 2015, 6:04 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Smile Re: Telford Hamfest

Good evening,
It was a good event to go to. not too many vintage radios but plenty of components and not too much old computer junk.
I bought a really nice (massively expensive when new!) HP signal generator a PLC and quite a lot of bags of random components at 50p a bag

Only £3 entry as well. The distance back to the car park seemed rather longer carrying the huge HP signal generator as well as a heavy bag!!

Christopher Capener
Old 6th Sep 2015, 6:09 pm   #3
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Telford Hamfest

Which model sig gen?

(They were all massively expensive when new)

David
Old 6th Sep 2015, 7:13 pm   #4
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Telford Hamfest

Hello Christopher,
I'm surprised I didn't bump into you (I was there for a couple of hours). I liked this meet - there wasn't the usual scrum to get to the stalls. I came away with a couple of moving coil meters and a few component goodies.
I dunno, I often go to these fests with the hope of reconnecting with the past. I have dreams of Jackson variable capacitors, acres of IF transformers and - holy of holies - Denco green coils. But alas, no.
I always come away with something though. And I had an interesting chat with a guy from Shropshire Linux Users Group.
Closed Thread