UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 14th Jul 2016, 8:55 pm   #1
bikerhifinut
Octode

Default New Record Store in Carlisle

Hope this is the right section.
I had to be in Carlisle last Tuesday to buy an internal lamp bulb for our microwave, and as I went down Abbey St. I spotted a shop called Vinyl Café. I had to investigate and sure enough it's a record shop with a small café. He had opened that day.
I left with a rather nice Bowie double album of some early stuff I think its the first eponymous LP. £20 for the mono and stereo versions together in one sleeve. Not bad for a new pressing at a tenner a record. And a couple of used but nice looking Louis Armstrong LPs that made a nice birthday pressie for my dad.
His prices don't look outrageous and I hope the business succeeds as I now have a local ish record shop. I think the choice of location would help as it's about 6 doors up from Peter Tysons Hi fi Emporium and they should feed off each other. He also has a nice vintage Panasonic Music Centre that he will play a used LP on before you buy, a nice touch.
I hope I haven't broached any forum rules by mentioning this, I just felt that a place where folk can purchase the records to play on their vintage or modern record players was worthy of mention.

A.

PS 2 weeks in the new abode and only just getting the LPs out of their boxes and on the shelves. Still not got a workshop set up. Lots to do.
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 11:34 am   #2
Stylo N M
Heptode

Default Re: New Record Store in Carlisle

Hi,
Indeed, well worth a mention. Lets hope it will be the start of many more like it.
Paul.
Closed Thread