UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc

Notices

Television Standards Converters, Modulators etc Standards converters, modulators anything else for providing signals to vintage televisions.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Oct 2006, 1:48 pm   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default Standards converter article in BVWS Bulletin

Some of you may have read my article in the Autumn 2006 Bulletin. Unfortunately a gremlin has crept in resulting in the pictures having no captions. Also my instructions to the editor about pictures and captions have been printed verbatim at the end of the article.

The pictures are as follows:
  • BBC CO6/501 analogue standards converter. Taken at the Vintage Wireless Museum.
  • Analogue to digital converter from BBC CO6/509 digital converter. Taken at the Vintage Wireless Museum.
  • A version of Darius's converter. Note the careful shileding of the RF section.
  • Two views of the later Aurora converter with integral modulator
Since writing the article, keen followers of the forum will have seen that Kat has done a lot more work with her designs, including 819 lines. Mon dieu! The low cost of the new Aurora has encouraged sales which may now be approaching 100 units. I don't think that these 2 approaches compete with each other at all and both have helped to foster a healthy(?) interest in 405 line TV.

For those of you who are not members of the BVWS I'll put the text of the article in the forum soon.
Old 9th Oct 2006, 4:56 pm   #2
oldeurope
Retired Dormant Member

Thumbs up Re: Standards converter article in BVWS Bulletin

Hi Jeffrey,
thanks for this nice article. I am happy to see my converter (MK II) in the bulletin .

Kind regards,
Darius
Old 10th Oct 2006, 12:58 pm   #3
David_Robinson
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Standards converter article in BVWS Bulletin

Yes, thanks for the kind words Jeffrey. I don't think I've ever been in a Hall of Fame before.
Closed Thread