UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Sep 2015, 8:20 pm   #21
mark pirate
Dekatron

Default Re: PYE Television - coming to a garden near you

Alba was a respected make back in the day, I recently restored my 1953 TV/Radio https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=115646
It is a very well built set that performs very well indeed, the quality of the cabinet is up there with likes of Dynatron.
It certainly cost it's original owner a lot when new!

Mark
Old 10th Sep 2015, 8:46 pm   #22
Gulliver
Hexode

I don't know very much about Alba's early days but I've seen a lot of Alba gear from the 60s onwards and it's all budget stuff...but it did it's job and lasted a good long time.

Today's budget audio/video equipment often barely lasts 18 months.
Old 11th Sep 2015, 7:56 am   #23
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark pirate View Post
The sad thing is that all these names from the past made good quality items that lasted for many years, the younger generation sees brands like Alba, Bush and Goodmans as cheap cp to be avoided at all cost!

I know that the Bush and Alba names are owned by Argos now
I have a soft spot for Bush sets from the 1950s and have an example or two of many of the different models, some of which are displayed (and used) around the house.

Most visitors don't seem to have any interest in them whatsoever, but out of the few who do, many assume they're modern Chinese "retro" sets, from Argos or wherever.

Nick.
Closed Thread