UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Aug 2017, 9:46 pm   #1
cmjones01
Nonode

Default Marconi TF2370 spectrum analyser and TK2373 frequency extender

I've had this spectrum analyser sitting around ever since I bought it from a member here some years ago. I haven't used it as much as I'd hoped and in any case I have a smaller one which is more convenient for the things I need it for. I'm therefore thinking of selling this one on, and I set it up a couple of days ago to check it out.

The analyser seems to work fine and the controls do what he should. But I have a conundrum: I bought the TK2373 frequency extender later to expand its range from 110MHz to 1.3GHz, but it came without much documentation or the connecting cables. I can't for the life of me figure out how the TK2373 connects to the analyser. The TK2373 has a couple of exotic D-type connectors with some coax pins in, but the analyser has precisely no empty connectors apart from one for an X-Y plotter. There are the two umbilical cords between the display unit and RF unit, but that's all. So even if I had the cables, I don't know where they would fit! Maybe there are some different umbilical cables which also include wiring to the extender.

Do any of our Marconi experts on here have any idea? I'd like to pass this thing on as a going concern. It's a splendid beast, weighing in at 60kg altogether! They don't make 'em like that any more.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170816_223158.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	148027