UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jul 2017, 4:16 pm   #1
Peter815
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye Rees Mace marine type 619

Hello friends i have a question about my marine transmitter rees mace marine.
The date of mine transmitter is 1954. In my service book i see that important tubes are : 5b/251m from stc the military numbers are : cv428.
When i was repearing mine transmitter i saw not the 5b/251m tubes inside the transmitter but : 5b/254m and the military number is allso : cv428.

Knows anyone here did pye placed from the factory allso 5b/254m tubes in this transmitter?

If i will look for spare parts tubes what is for me the best option, it is very difficult to find the 251m here in the netherlands so can i replace in the future 254m tubes ?.
Everything is working now very good so i think 254m tubes are the best option.
Did pye placed from the factory 254 tubes?
Greetings from Peter from the netherlands.
Old 30th Jul 2017, 4:29 pm   #2
Station X

Default Re: Pye rees mace marine type 619

I believe theCV428 5B/251M and 5B/254M are electrically identical.

You can check here:-

http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aap0004.htm

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread