UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Sep 2017, 2:41 pm   #1
YUCBST7C
Diode

Default HMV Radiogram Type 495 For Sale. Collection Only.

This has sat in my house for over ten years and has sadly not gained the attention it needs nor frankly deserves. (Usual story.)

Purchased for just under 100 back in the mid 2000s I am looking for a token 20 to justify the time and space it has consumed from my life.

Collection only from Braintree - North Essex - UK. At a time to suit you.

The item in question is a HMV type 495 Radiogram circa 1937. (80th birthday year)

As per: http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/hismasters_495.html

Cabinet is sound/solid beneath a layer of dust - some front panel veneer is dried, cracked and missing.

Electronics/valves intact and as far as I can establish they have not been tampered with, although the cotton power cable has been cut off.

Gramophone deck is felt lined and in good condition.

This is really it's last chance - I had a local restorer interested earlier in the year but he did not turn up after assuring me he would collect one weekend.

...if there are no takers this time it will be offered to one of those nasty furniture up-cyclers to be crucified on the alter of Shabby Chic.

Although I thought it would make a good composite humidor and port rack
Old 21st Sep 2017, 4:11 pm   #2
electronicskip
Hexode

Default Re: HMV Radiogram Type 495 For Sale. Collection Only.

Please someone rescue this, I'm just too far away .
Old 21st Sep 2017, 4:31 pm   #3
Gwarpy
Hexode

PM sent.
Old 22nd Sep 2017, 7:38 pm   #4
osx86apple
Triode

Is this still available ??
Old 19th Oct 2017, 8:58 am   #5
Gwarpy
Hexode

Has been rescued yesterday by me, but it is in a terrible state with the bottom half covered with woodworms holding hands.

The best this to do is, I guess, to strip it for parts unfortunately. There are several parts (e.g. bakelite ones, the chassis, backpanels and deck)) which are in good condition considering the place where the radiogram came from.

Last edited by Gwarpy; 19th Oct 2017 at 9:26 am.
Old 19th Oct 2017, 9:28 am   #6
FIXITNOW
Heptode

I have one of these been sitting in a friends garage for too long. but its dry and safe for now till I find some room
Old 19th Oct 2017, 9:36 am   #7
Gwarpy
Hexode

It's a big beast that's for sure !

But this one will meet its maker, as is it too far gone to make a restoration job worth while.
Closed Thread