UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Aug 2017, 7:06 pm   #1
Bookman
Hexode

Lost for intent with this one in terms of what do I really want out of this and what would be the best way of achieving it and indeed will it be worth it?
Given that it all seems to be solid and has one owner from new (not me) there ought to be some mileage in some form of restoration.
Does anyone have any suggestions and perhaps more importantly could anyone suggest a "methodology of process"?
Have attached a couple of pics?
Apparently there was an outfit in London that packaged the equipment and yes, there is a piece of formica that is used as part of the assembly in case anyone is wondering?
Thanks
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1275.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	148351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	148352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	148353  
Old 25th Aug 2017, 1:07 pm   #2
SteveCG
Nonode

Default Re: Truvox R1 c/w Truvox Type C Amp

I've not encountered a Truvox 'in the flesh' but I was lead to believe by others that they were good machines. I, for one, would certainly keep it if it had come my way and try to get it going (I suspect there are various things - some mechanical, some electronic - that need attending to).

Last edited by SteveCG; 25th Aug 2017 at 1:08 pm. Reason: punctuation
Old 25th Aug 2017, 1:54 pm   #3
brenellic2000
Octode

They are good, solid reliable and well respected tape deck even if they did use a very stable plywood deck plate. The amps were very good . I don't immediately recognise the cabinet - it may be a High Street Radio shop job.

Depending on the model, flywheel had cast on rubber driving face, much like a Uher which may need recasting/grinding.

Barry
Old 25th Aug 2017, 8:28 pm   #4
Bookman
Hexode

Hi Barry, The intention is to begin the deconstruction later next week so will clarify accordingly then.
Old 1st Sep 2017, 7:15 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

Closed at Joe's request.
Closed Thread