UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Sep 2017, 7:57 pm   #1
chriswood1900
Hexode

Default High Voltage Bradley Calibrators 123B & 125B AC & DC

I have for sale following a recent update of my test equipment 2 Calibrators. A Bradley 123B DC and 125B AC They are both in good order and amazingly accurate given their age. They both use a mixture of Solid state and Valve technology.

Specifications
DC Unit 123B
4 Volt Ranges 0-500mV, 0-5V, 0-50V, 0-500V
4 Current Ranges 10uA 100uA 1mA, 10mA
AC Unit 125B
0-511 Volts in 4 ranges over frequency range of 30-3200Hz as it is fitted with the 1258 plugin.

They are both constructed with still available discrete components and can be maintained by someone who is experienced in high voltage electronics unlike most of the newer stuff.
They come with Spare valves and the Full manuals including service data and schematics, and the AC unit also has a spare transformer and chassis..
They are in good order and surprisingly accurate, they were designed for calibrating AVos and 3.5/4.5 digit meters and they are fine for that as is, but after approx. hours warm up they are very stable and capable of being used with a more accurate meter to check higher precision meters as shown in the photo.
They are large and not suitable for posting the AC unit still has a working Weston Cell in it which must be kept upright, as well as the option of and external reference.
The meters shown to demonstrate are not included.

I am asking 60 each or 100 the pair, collected from NW Bristol, collect by arrangement in Solihull Sunday 1st Oct, Harpenden this Sunday 24th Sept or by FCS
Preference to someone who wants both units otherwise the first who can arrange a collection. Please PM if you are interested.

Finally a Warning when you start getting into Metrology it is addictive and as yet there is no known cure although many partners are searching for one!!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bradley 2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	149709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bradley 1.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	149710   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bradley 3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	149712  
Old 20th Sep 2017, 8:53 pm   #2
high_vacuum_house
Heptode

Smile Re: High Voltage Bradley Calibrators 123B & 125B AC & DC

Good evening,
I am tempted with the AC calibrator and will be going to Harpenden although will give preference if someone wants both of them (i.e me but don't have the room )

Christopher Capener
Old 20th Sep 2017, 9:07 pm   #3
chriswood1900
Hexode

Default Re: High Voltage Bradley Calibrators 123B & 125B AC & DC

Christopher if someone comes along who just wants the DC unit I will split them.
Regards
Chris
Old 21st Sep 2017, 6:45 pm   #4
trh01uk
Heptode

Chris,

I will take the 123B calibrator. I can collect from NW Bristol before the end of September.

Richard
Old 23rd Sep 2017, 6:11 pm   #5
chriswood1900
Hexode

marlowradio can you please contact me by tonight Saturday to confirm you want the Calibrators otherwise I will sell them to the next person interested.
Thanks
Chris
Old 27th Sep 2017, 8:54 am   #6
chriswood1900
Hexode

All now gone, mods please close.
Closed Thread