UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 20th Sep 2017, 9:42 am   #1
Dave757
Hexode

Default New home required

Hi,

I have several radios which need saving from the recycling, as I have moved into much smaller accomodation, and cannot take them with me. They all need collecting from my Birmingham address either next Monday or Tuesday so would suit someone in the area.

Three of the sets should be considered as parts sets and are as follows:
Bush PB53 broadcast set.
Hallicrafters SX24 communications receiver
Hallicrafters SX9 Communications receiver

The fourth set works ok, and comes with an ultra rare manual, complete with A0? works drawing. This is a heavy set weighing, I believe around 85lb, so a bit lighter than an AR88!!

Marconi CR200 TRF LF communications Receiver.

I don't want anything for the sets, just a new home!

Kind regards

Dave G0ELJ
Dave757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2017, 10:50 am   #2
Gridiron
Pentode

Default Re: New home required

PM sent. Mike.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2017, 12:37 pm   #3
Dave757
Hexode

Hi,

The sets are still available if there is any further interest,

Kind regards

Dave
Old 21st Sep 2017, 1:30 pm   #4
Station X

I need an S Meter for an SX24 if you have one and would be willing to post it. All costs met naturally.

Thanks.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Station X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2017, 2:47 pm   #5
greenstar
Octode

I would be interested in either Hallicrafters. The SX9 sounds interesting. I could probably collect but if anyone nearby is going to Harpenden ... Dave, are they just rough to look at, or beyond repair?
Tony
greenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2017, 3:13 pm   #6
Dave757
Hexode

Hi

Graham, sorry, There is no S meter with the radio.

Tony, The SX24 was someone's restoration project, but sadly they died, and when I acquired the radio about 20 years ago, it had been repainted, but not relettered. A lot of wiring had been cut in the power supply, and the dials, baseplate, S meter and some valves are missing. All knobs and switches are present. The dials and relettering transfers are available from the States, but the costs would be prohibitive as this model is not expensive to buy in working order.

The SX9 is in very poor condition, but I guess someone might want to rebuild it as it is such a rare radio.

Kind regards

Dave