UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2017, 9:25 pm   #1
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Interview from Bakelite Museum R4 'PM', 12/09/17

Just for anyone interested, the proprietor of 'The Bakelite Museum' was interviewed by Eddie Mair on the R4 'PM' program around teatime, 12/09/17.

He (the gentleman) was using a late thirties vintage telephone throughout the course of the interview.

I think the spot was linked, tenuously, to the imminent launch of a certain new mobile phone model so the interview was mainly about comparisons between old and modern phone technology.

Should be possible to pick it up on iplayer radio. The interview was (I think) about 35-45 minutes into the programme.
Old 13th Sep 2017, 12:30 pm   #2
MurphyNut
Heptode

Default Re: Interview from Bakelite Museum R4 'PM', 12/09/17

Thanks, this was probabily Patrick Cook, I'll see if i can track it down.