UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2012, 10:01 pm   #1
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Interesting and useful reference source

I stumbled upon Grace's Guide this evening while searching for something completely different: http://www.gracesguide.co.uk/Main_Page

This is an industrial history site that includes the radio and TV industry amongst numerous others. Many radio manufacturers are listed, some more comprehensively than others, and whilst there are gaps in the archives of information, I have found some very useful and high quality scans of period advertisements and articles.

The site also has around 64 years' worth of "The Engineer" journal scanned and available as PDF files.

Phil

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 12:11 am   #2
MrElectronicman
Heptode

Default Re: Interesting and useful reference source

I found Grace's Guide to be very interesting, especially regarding some of the companies in the Birmingham area, many of which high school chums went to work for in the early 1960's. Now they are all long gone, vanished into the mists of time.
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 1:03 pm   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Very interesting.....

It seems to run out of steam around the early '90s, though, at any rate on the companies I looked at (Racal and Mullard).
.........O..Chris....O
Old 2nd Oct 2012, 11:09 pm   #4
ALANS ANITAS
Rest in Peace

Fantastic site. I found references to six of the companies I worked for as well as the firm both my parents worked for (although the address changed rather suddenly from Victoria to Slough in 1940), as well as the one my grandfather was employed by.

The interlinking between Rediffusion, Westland, AEI and Sumlock was fascinating.

ALAN
Old 13th Nov 2012, 2:49 pm   #5
kety_smith
Retired Dormant Member

A great site. For me, this is very interesting!
Closed Thread