UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Mar 2017, 4:17 pm   #1
GeoffK
Heptode

Default Television's opening night, on BBC4

Expect its been shown before, on Tuesday 10:30pm.
Old 27th Mar 2017, 4:44 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Television's opening night, on BBC4

Yes that's right Geoff-actually quite a few times since "first transmission" [on 3/11/16] but the Corporation are re-cycling a lot of BBC4 material in these "austere" times. I've no real complaint re that channel re BBC4 except there are many more great programs than they seem to know about after 14 years.

There is a long but very informative thread started by birksholt re Televisions Opening Night [on the same date]. Predictably there was a lot of criticism on the technical side but that led me to new knowledge. There was enough there to maintain my interest and I was pleased that it would have exposed the shocking treatment of J L Baird to a general audience.

Dave W
Old 29th Mar 2017, 12:37 am   #3
hannahs radios
Hexode

Default Re: Television's opening night, on BBC4

I agree the way John Logie got treated was terrible. That aside I enjoyed the programe I watched it for the second time tonight I also have it on video. Am I right in thinking that there are a few forum members featured?
Closed Thread