UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2017, 1:17 pm   #1
els1967
Pentode

Default Phone very similar to an RA708.

I have what looks like a phone that is very similar to the one in the link

http://www.daclimited.co.uk/user%20g...20complete.pdf

but appears to be a much older model. I've checked the hand set and get about 40 ohms on the mic and recv. so I know that's working but when I check for continuity on (what appears to be) terminal 3 and 6 (for line A and B) I just get open ctt. The ringer is open ctt so that's much help. The problem is it's all solid state which I'm a bit clueless on. It's also been sealed in some sort of resin so it's impossible to get any useful readings anyway.

I've attached a pic of my terminal connections which appear to be quite different from the one's in the current product manual so if anyone has any idea's on what should go where that would be great. I'm also wondering if I'm missing a link or two between some of the terminals before the thing will work?

Any help gratefully received though I must admit it's not looking good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	136605  
Old 28th Jan 2017, 6:18 pm   #2
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Re: Phone very simular to an RA708

Not sure at all, try 1 and 4 for line.
If not just try it out one by one. A to one and move B one by one from 2 to end, the A t 2, and B at 3 to ..

More pictures may help too.

dsk
Old 19th Feb 2017, 12:32 am   #3
els1967
Pentode

Default Re: Phone very similar to an RA708.

By way of an update I've got the phone working in that I've figured out 1 and 6 are "A" and "B" and it rings ok. The dial pad works ok on tone dialing but the receiver doesn't seem to work at despite a reading of around 40 ohms and the mic works but seems to have a very "fast" compression applied to it, so tapping it works OK but saying anything instantly reduces the volume. All a bit odd.
Closed Thread