UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Apr 2017, 9:21 am   #61
FrankB
Heptode

Default Re: 6SJ7 anode current

Could someone have replaced the glass 'SJ7 with a metal one? IIRC, pin 1 on the metal ones is typically grounded, and on the glass ones, it was floating and often used as a tie point. (That error really nailed me years back. Couldn't figure out what was killing the radio. Subbed in a glass tube and problem solved.)
Old 3rd Apr 2017, 5:31 pm   #62
ITAM805
Nonode

Default Re: 6SJ7 anode current

Well, I decided to change the offending eq section and reconfigured it to one from a Fender Blues Deville circuit, so the screaming RF oscillation is now gone This works ok except for not getting any bass lift, only cut, maybe I've wired it wrong? An added bonus is it's now has a mid cut/lift option.

As to the mystery 6SJ7 12V anode, I dont know, as the amp seems to have lots of volume? I may well employ Lawrence's component values but as it stands I want rid of the thing !

Many thanks again to all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Devill eq.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	140379  
Closed Thread