UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2017, 10:00 am   #1
Robert Love
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye 1005 Projection record player

Greetings to all from a brand new member.
I have bought a Pye 1005 and it's in reasonable condition.
However, it is missing a few tonearm parts and one may be key to restoration as I can't see it for sale anywhere.
So, it's got the cartridge but no stylus. These are freely available. But it doesn't have the red stylus holder that goes into the top of the tonearm. I have seen these on photos of complete tonearms but none are for sale. One place in the U.K. Did have a complete set - cartridge, stylus, spring and red button - but it's now out of stock.
Anyone have any tips - obviously it may be possible to find something to hold it in place - there was blue tack on it when I got it! - but I'd like to restore it properly.
Many thanks,

Robbie
Old 18th Aug 2017, 1:41 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Pye 1005 Projection record player

The red knob is used to rotate the stylus from LP to LPS. If the Butterfly cartridge is still secure and moves freely up and down then I would used it pro-tem. Do be aware that the tracking weight is pre-set on these.
Old 18th Aug 2017, 3:41 pm   #3
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Pye 1005 Projection record player

You need the red knob to hold the stylus in place

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Closed Thread