UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Member Introductions and News

Notices

Member Introductions and News A place where members can introduce themselves and post occasional news about themselves.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jun 2017, 12:46 pm   #41
avocollector
Pentode

Default Re: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Best wishes Paul - recall when my parents went that things felt very strange for some time - nearest feeling was like loosing an imaginary limb. Of course there was sadness etc. but it was that peculiar feeling that lasted the longest!! Anyway a new place and flat will have a great effect and keep you occupied.
Old 18th Jun 2017, 8:17 pm   #42
Oldcodger
Heptode

Know the feeling, Paul. My mum was a shock, as although I knew she had problems, I didn't realise they were that bad and with the distance we didn't visit often.
Dad was a bit different, as he had a stroke. ( possibly a few) and went into hospital to hopefully recover, but it became obvious he wasn't going to .
I know the feeling of being left alone. These days I've taken up gardening as a second hobby and dad was a great gardener. Too often I've had a problem and thought "I'll ring dad", to realise that there's no dialling code for up there.
You have my sympathies.
Old 19th Jun 2017, 9:56 am   #43
Station X

I sometimes think "My dad will be interested in this. I'll email it to him". Then I remember that he died four years ago.

Keep the soldering iron hot.
Old 19th Jun 2017, 10:08 pm   #44
Oldcodger
Heptode

Graham- I KNOW that feeling, only TOO well. Even though dad died about eight years ago.
His pride & joy was his Panasonic TV, but due to failing eyesight in his latter days, he had problems ,and had pressed a wrong button. Last resort ( as he didn't want to bother the dealer, who always helped him ,without charge), was to phone me up . Ended up with me downloading a copy of his TV manual ,and talking him through the problem.
I've still got that TV - bit odd, but I no longer use it, but am loath to part with it. What seems so odd to me is that a bloke who had no ideas of a good quality TV decided on this one, so far advanced of it's time.

Last edited by Oldcodger; 19th Jun 2017 at 10:16 pm.
Old 19th Jun 2017, 10:10 pm   #45
flyingtech55
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station X View Post
I sometimes think "My dad will be interested in this. I'll email it to him". Then I remember that he died four years ago.
Been there...got the tee-shirt and the fridge magnet. He died in January 2007.

Tim
Old 20th Jun 2017, 11:07 am   #46
Aerodyne
Octode

I have only just come across this posting, Paul. My sincere condolences on your loss. Telling you that I've been through much the same experiences - four family members lost, two to cancer, one to heart problems and one to emphysema - isn't going to make you feel better but at least it may indicate that you are not alone in this dark time.
I can only wish you all the very best for the future in Cardiff.
Tony
Closed Thread