UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Old 14th Aug 2017, 7:28 am   #1
Diogenes
Diode

Default Bruel and Kjaer service manual?

I was looking for a service manual or schematics for a Bruel and Kjaer 2107. I of course checked out the link "up there" but no luck.

Has anyone had experience with this or knows a reliable source for Bruel and Kjaer service manuals or diagrams?
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2017, 4:41 pm   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Nonode

Default Re: Bruel and Kjaer service manual?

A while back I was looking for some B&K test gear. I emailed B&K and they were very helpfull. They didn't send me any schematics but valuable info non the less. It's a good idea to give them any serial numbers etc .

Andy.
Old 16th Aug 2017, 8:54 am   #3
Diogenes
Diode

I wrote them an email requesting information but I haven't recieved a reply in more than a week and a half. Would you be willing to try as well if I provide you with serial numbers? There are four 2107 frequency analyzers. Serial numbers 56892, 196308, 236422, 116106
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2017, 6:03 am   #4
Diabolical Artificer
Nonode

I think I wrote to B&K UK and if my memory's right, it took a while for them to get back to me. They sent a few page scan's from the "B&K big book * ", no schematics or service data.

* A chap on this forum is nuts on B&K stuff and told me about the "B&K big book".

If you havn't had any reply in a week, drop us a PM with your EMA and I'll give it a go for you.

Andy.

PS I found this - http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bruel-Kjaer-S...sURIGllIFWGJ_g he has your manual.

Last edited by Diabolical Artificer; 17th Aug 2017 at 6:10 am.
Diabolical Artificer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2017, 6:51 am   #5
Craig Sawyers
Heptode

Around 30 years ago I visited B&K on business, and spent an afternoon with the founders (Per V Bruel and Viggo Kjaer) and Bruel's son and MD Niels Bruel. Per V was the technical guy and Viggo (although also an engineer) was the financial half of the company. It was an interesting day all round, considering that it started in the hotel lobby when I bent down to re-tie my shoelaces and the seam of my suit trousers split from crotch to belt band. I just kept my jacket on!

Anyhow, old man Per gave me a personal tour of their research labs and production line.

Of course, alas, both of them are now dead, although Bruel lived to be 100 and Kjaer to 99. Neils is long retired at 80, and B&K is now owned by Spectris.

Checking Wikipedia, it has suffered the fate of many companies once the founders leave or die. It has been split up, and some ex-staff have set up another company, and has been bought and sold at least once.

Craig
Craig Sawyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2017, 6:56 am   #6
Craig Sawyers
Heptode

The other people to ask regarding manuals are ISVR at Souhampton University. They used to have all the older B&K stuff because it simply refused to lie down and die. Even if they have disposed of it, they may still have kept the manuals, or passed them on to the University Library.

https://www.southampton.ac.uk/engine...tres/isvr.page
Old 17th Aug 2017, 7:01 am   #7
Craig Sawyers
Heptode

Per V's 100 year birthday bash http://www.bk-senior.dk/Fotoer/Per%2...bum/index.html in 2015. Google is a marvelous thing!
Old 17th Aug 2017, 4:21 pm   #8
m0cemdave
Heptode

I have circuit diagrams and service notes for various versions of the 2107, as PDF files. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send them to you.

The B&K Bible (Master Catalogue) sadly doesn't include schematics or service notes, despite having 700 pages and weighing 2kg.

Last edited by m0cemdave; 17th Aug 2017 at 4:30 pm.
m0cemdave is offline   Reply With Quote