UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2015, 1:40 am   #1
GoGreenElectric
Retired Dormant Member

Default Gould Oscilloscope types?

Hello

I've recently been looking at old reconditioned Gould Oscilloscopes (Not from Stargate SGC). I have noticed that some models of Gould scope are available as either DSO or DRO versions. Since they appear to have identical specifications, I am confused why these scopes have different codes.

If anyone knows the answer to this, I would be very grateful. If it is simply that one version is newer, do you know which is the later version ?.

Thanks
Rob
Old 29th Oct 2015, 3:34 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Gould Oscilloscope types?

Hi Rob and welcome.

To get you started, the S seems to mean storage and the R recording, but the experts will tell you more.

N.
Old 29th Oct 2015, 3:44 pm   #3
Herald1360
Dekatron

Default Re: Gould Oscilloscope types?

I believe the DSOs were just that, but the DROs have an integral printer for a hard copy of the stored trace.
.........O..Chris....O
Closed Thread