UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2010, 7:27 pm   #1
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Default Indicator type 6

Hello all
Not sure if this is the right spot for this but here goes. I have been building a Lancaster bomber installation for some time now and apart from a couple of small items, the J switch and Amp meter, the only major part missing is the fishpond indicator type 182A. Does anybody have or know of a unit that I could buy, it does not have to be the 182A, any type 6 or 6A would do as long as it has a screen, working or not. Failing this if anybody has one but does not wish to part with it I would be most gratefull if they could let me have some pictures and dimensions with a view to making myself a copy. I would of course would be willing to pay expenses for any material sent. If anybody would like to have a look at my installation so far its on my web site at www.2e0ltj.co.uk , look under projects.
Many thanks Mike
Old 9th Jan 2010, 8:48 pm   #2
HMV 1120
Hexode

Default Re: Indicator type 6

There is a fishpond indicator in the Lancaster wireless position replica at Duxford. It is sited in the radio society hut adjacent the American Air Museum (next to the big aerial mast - you can't miss it!).

I can take some photo's and measurements for you if all else fails.

Regards,
Robs
Old 9th Jan 2010, 9:17 pm   #3
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Hi Mike,at the risk of being off topic,did you getting planning permission ok on that tower?
PS Superb website
David GM8JET
Old 9th Jan 2010, 10:34 pm   #4
Danny
Heptode

Hi a friend of mine has several i will ask him if he wants to sell one. or have you already spoken to him at north walsham ? danny
Old 10th Jan 2010, 11:12 am   #5
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Hello chaps
Danny. No I have not spoken to your freind at North Washam but would certainly like to. Please aske him if he is willing to part with one of these units, any condition will do.
Rob.
Many thanks for kind offer. If all else fails and I have to build my own unit I will get back to you.
Hamish
Yes I did get planning permision for my antenna, I know some people take a risk and do not bother but I would not recommend it. As long as you go about it in the right way it is relatively easy. It took about six months and cost about £200. The most important thing you can do is get the neigbours on your side, this makes it difficult for the council planning department to turn you down.
Cheers Guys
Old 10th Jan 2010, 1:42 pm   #6
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank You Mike and Sorry to be off topic.

Regards David GM8JET
Old 11th Jan 2010, 6:40 pm   #7
Mike Brett
Retired Dormant Member

Danny
I really need to know soon if your friend is willing to sell me one of his units as there is one finishing on e-bay soon and if all else fails I can bid on this.
Mike
Closed Thread