UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Mar 2017, 8:58 pm   #21
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Re: Radiophile - Radio Bygones

Hi Ed, owing to my illness, I'm afraid I am only working through the subscriptions file quite slowly - but essentially all existing subscribers to Radio Bygones will receive the same number of Radiophile issues as they would have had copies of Radio Bygones. Subscribers to both magazines will have their Radiophile subscriptions extended by the number of Radio Bygones left on their subscription. In view of the larger number of pages and the extra weight of The Radiophile, the new subscription rate for the combined magazine will be £25 year - and the number of issues will be cut to 3 per year from the current 4. This is in line with comments made by me earlier and the positive reaction Chas and I have received.

There will be a lower rate for pdf copies of the magazine if we can get that working.

Chas is currently putting together a letter explaining all the changes, and I expect that to go out with the next magazine issue and as a separate letter to recent former subscribers who haven't yet renewed. Once the details are fully worked out, I expect to also put this on the website.

PDF copies of Radio Bygones back issues will also be available shortly on the website, and I am also looking at the possibility (with Chas's permission) of scanning earlier issues of The Radiophile and offering them as pdfs also.

It's likely to be several more weeks yet before everything is totally finalised, but I'm happy to respond to any individual queries by pm or email.

I should point out that all decisions regarding the Radiophile are Chas's. I help him out with some basic admin tasks, but don't have any financial or other interest in the magazine. (I've added that as I get the impression from some emails I've received that some people believe that decisions regarding The Radiophile are made by me.)

I hope that clarifies the current position a bit - but I will try and keep people updated as soon as I know more.

Graham
Old 11th Mar 2017, 9:13 pm   #22
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Default Re: Radiophile - Radio Bygones

Many thanks Graham.

Ed
Old 20th Mar 2017, 2:10 pm   #23
GrahamN
Hexode

Default Radiophile - Radio Bygones

A quick update on the Radiophile / Radio Bygones merger.

The Radiophile website is in the process of being updated, but so far the following changes have been agreed with Chas.

PDF copies of the new combined magazine will be available. Existing pdf subscribers to Radio Bygones will receive their remaining number of copies due replaced by the same number of copies of The Radiophile. New pdf subscribers will be accepted. I hope to have a price agreed within the next week, but it will be cheaper than print copies, especially for overseas subscribers as overseas postage rates for The Radiophile are horrendous!

PDF subscriptions to the Auction List are also now available to order on the website.

PDF back issues of Radio Bygones are available, and will be uploaded to the website over the following weeks (if anyone wants any in the meantime,please let me know). Price will be £2.50 per issue.

I also hope to have pdf copies of Radiophile back issues available in due course.

Existing subscribers to Radio Bygones will be migrated to the Radiophile - the same number of copies left on the original subscription will be applied to The Radiophile subscription.

For overseas customers, the website now includes prices in US dollars and Euros (a guide only - payments are still only accepted in GB pounds)

Graham
Closed Thread