UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Old 22nd Apr 2017, 5:41 pm   #21
Biggles
Octode

Default Re: New 'Telephone' TV Programme On BBC 4

Thanks for the Trumpton update Bobster. That episode doesn't ring a bell (muffled laughter) with me. It was a long time ago though. I will try and find the episode. It must be out there on the interweb somewhere.
Alan.
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2017, 7:31 pm   #22
OscarFoxtrot
Hexode

Default Re: New 'Telephone' TV Programme On BBC 4 Tonight !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellseinydd View Post
I was present at the changeover of the last one - a tiny 20 line 'Island Automatic eXchange No 5 - on the evening of 12th July on a tiny island 25+ miles out in the Atlantic to the west of the Shetland Islands - so remote that all calls in to/out of the island were trunk calls.
I'll see you Foula and raise you Canna
OscarFoxtrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 am   #23
Pellseinydd
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Thanks for the Trumpton update Bobster. That episode doesn't ring a bell (muffled laughter) with me. It was a long time ago though. I will try and find the episode. It must be out there on the interweb somewhere.
See http://tinyurl.com/Trumpton-Telephones

Those engineers on Faults - 191 play that song on CNet !!
Pellseinydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 9:22 am   #24
Peter.N.
Nonode

Brilliant that episode of 'Trumpton' so typical of the GPO era, three digit numbers and no 'elf and safety. Strange that the mayor couldn't hear anyone because of the crackle on the line and yet heard the engineer heard him OK.

Peter
Peter.N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 4:29 pm   #25
Biggles
Octode

Just like real life then! Ah, the customer is always right (well sometimes anyway). Thanks for the link Pellseinydd.
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 6:30 pm   #26
OscarFoxtrot
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.N. View Post
Brilliant that episode of 'Trumpton' so typical of the GPO era, three digit numbers and no 'elf and safety. Strange that the mayor couldn't hear anyone because of the crackle on the line and yet heard the engineer heard him OK.
Perhaps the crackle was on the E side and the egnineer was speaking on the D side.
OscarFoxtrot is online now   Reply With Quote