UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Apr 2017, 7:36 pm   #1
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Default Turntable PSU project

I am not sure whether to put this here, or in modern technology, or...

This is probably well-known but the latest (May 2017) issue of EPE magazine ha a project to make a 50/60Hz power supply to run turntables. It would probably run a tape recorder motor or an electric clock.

From what I remember (I didn't buy the magazine although, thinking about it, I might), it uses a PIC (source/object code available from the EPE website, a resistor DAC, a full-H circuit of MOSFETs driving a step-up transformer.

Anyway, it might be a way to run US or UK equipment in the other country.
Closed Thread