UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Oct 2017, 1:32 pm   #21
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Taylor 47A valve tester help

Not seen a 47A circuit but based on the 45A circuit.....in order to cover the maximum number of B9A valve types that can be tested I would mount two B9A valve sockets on a small box (ABS?) wire them pin for pin parallel, wire pins 4&5 to a cable connected to an International Octal plug (pins 2&7) and use the IO8/1 socket in the schematic to plug it into, that will supply the heater power.

I would then fit another wander socket on the front panel to complement the three that are already there which already supply the anode and grid voltages and the connection for the cathode rail, the extra wander socket would be connected to the screen voltage rail.

With the valve to be tested plugged in, the other B9A socket can be connected to the wander plug sockets as appropriate for the correct pin connections with some fly leads. The cathode fly lead at the B9A end could have a short extra wire connected to it so that suppressor grid to cathode connection can be achieved (if required) if it's not already done so within the valve.

You could do similar for B7G as well.

Ferrite beads might be needed.

Just a thought.

EDIT: post crossed.

Lawrence.

Last edited by ms660; 15th Oct 2017 at 1:41 pm. Reason: addition
Old 15th Oct 2017, 9:18 pm   #22
Norman Raeburn
Heptode

Default Re: Taylor 47A valve tester help

Hi Duncan, Nice to hear from you, many thanks for the loan offer of your adaptor but I don't think it will help. I suppose I was looking for an easy remedy to my problem but it looks like I will have to do some investigation into the base connections. Many thanks to all who have replied so far, I will try and find some time this week and let you know how I get on. Best regards, Norman.
Closed Thread