UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Apr 2015, 1:49 pm   #1
Glos_Joe
Retired Dormant Member

Default Stag PP28 Programmer information

Having picked up a Stag PP28 to enable me to back-up and program all the early EPROMs in my various items of test equipment I've found the interface to be trickier than I thought. Has anyone got a copy of the manual for this unit so that I can use it for its intended purpose? Looking at all the usual places on the web has resulted in a dearth of information.

Thanks!
Old 20th Apr 2015, 6:35 pm   #2
woodchips
Octode

Default Re: Stag PP28 Programmer information

Can't be much different to their other prohgrammers, I have a PP39 and lots of info for that available.
Old 20th Apr 2015, 8:50 pm   #3
JohnBHanson
Heptode

From memory and a picture on the web

Use the switches to select the type of eeprom.

press fn and then load to read a eeprom into ram
press fn and then prog to program a blank eeprom

fn in and fn out are to read and write via the serial port. There is a
setup fn which sets up the baud rate etc using arrow keys to select.

I hope that helps (It is from memory and it must be about 30 years since
I have used one of these!).
Old 20th Apr 2015, 9:50 pm   #4
Glos_Joe
Retired Dormant Member

Thanks for your comments, I'd also figured out some of the functionality by looking and trying but I'm having problems figuring out the switch settings for particular devices. Some combinations give me what I expect and others don't give me anything. The problem is trying to determine whether this is because the unit doesn't support the device or that particular combination is faulty. So far I've resisted the temptation to open up and start figuring out the circuit and what it should be doing but that will be the next step. As it is I only want the unit to work in a standalone mode and copy firmware in old bits of equipment as I'm somewhat paranoid about 30+ years old Eproms and their ability to retain charge after all that time.

Joe
Closed Thread