UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Sep 2017, 9:29 am   #1
eddie_ce
Hexode

Default Metrix MX56 - no voltage readings

Hi all,
my trusty MX56 has suddenly stopped displaying voltages on both AC and DC, as far as I can tell there was no overload or other problem. One day it was OK, the next day nothing on the voltage range(s).

Has anybody experience of this meter and what might cause this problem? A search on the net did not reveal a circuit diagram.

This meter, whilst perhaps not being exactly vintage, has given me many years of valuable service and I'd be very reluctant to bin it.

Many thanks
Old 17th Sep 2017, 2:00 am   #2
karesz*
Heptode

Default Re: Metrix MX56 - no voltage readings

Hi Eddie,
your MX56 should be same as BK Precision 5390 and Metrix is yet by Chauvin-Arnoux_as state in these interesting blog (he became a cct from their)...
Regards, Karl
Old 17th Sep 2017, 8:40 am   #3
eddie_ce
Hexode

Karl,

many thanks for pointing me towards that blog, it should keep me busy this morning
Old 17th Sep 2017, 4:09 pm   #4
The Philpott
Dekatron

Very high input impedance on the voltage ranges presumably; it's not a marginal test lead playing up intermittently is it?
Old 17th Sep 2017, 5:33 pm   #5
eddie_ce
Hexode

No, shorting the test leads on the ohms range gives a reading of near enough 0 ohms.
Closed Thread