UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 28th Apr 2015, 3:55 pm   #1
frenchdogblue
Retired Dormant Member

Post Bush A1005 Record Player

Alright guys!!

I have just recently bought a Bush A1005 Record Player and it all plays sound sounding good! just one thing there is a slight knocking noise which I think is coming because the bearings look like a little knackered. If I find a replacement bearing do you think its possible to change this myself? I have had a little look and found that a mechanism blocks me from getting to the bearing so I would have to take it off, which I found wasn't that easy. Any help or pointers would be massively appreciated

Many thanks,

Simon.
Old 28th Apr 2015, 4:06 pm   #2
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush A1005 Record Player

Have a look at this post, worth reading it all but post 5 and 6 may help.
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=75401

Edit. Just be careful of any high voltages in the player.
Old 28th Apr 2015, 4:07 pm   #3
PsychMan
Octode

Default Re: Bush A1005 Record Player

I'm not familiar with this deck, but I'm sure someone else will be along shortly.

Is this an idler wheel driven system? It will be a rubber wheel that presses against the motor shaft and drives the rim of the turntable on the inside. Unfortunately with years of storage, if the wheel was left engaged they can develop a small dent which you hear each time it goes round.

It may be possible to careful sand or machine a thin layer off the wheel, the size isn't critical for speed, so long as it makes good contact with the deck and the motor shaft. Replacement is easier, if one can be found.
Closed Thread