UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Apr 2014, 8:44 pm   #1
pyemaker
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pye Stereo Musicsystem

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to ask if anyone could offer me advice about an old system that I have resurrected from storage. Its made by Pye, StereoMUSICSYSTEM, is the branding on the front, I think the model number is 1613. It has a single tape deck on the left, turntable on the right, and Bass, Treble etc knobs on the front, where the radio is displayed with 3 wavebands. It still looks great and I can confirm that its at least 30 years old. Everything seems to work, mechanically, tape deck, turntable and radio. Well the tape deck will work if I put something heavy on top to keep it closed, and I have ordered a new needle for the turntable from Ava online. The major problem is the speakers, the music will come on, from radio or tape deck but then it disappears. It sometimes comes back if I twiddle the Volume or it never comes back. Would this be dust or just a loose wire, or would it be more of a distinct problem? Any advice would be good,wondering as well if its something I can fix myself?

Rod
Closed Thread