UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Jul 2017, 7:14 pm   #21
winston_1
Hexode

Default Re: Metamec clock - ring main?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglcomp View Post
The shaver plug idea has already been suggested but if you are worried about the relative safety and the power consumption is low enough (which I would guess it would be) would a fused/transformer isolated shaver socket and appropriate plug do the trick?
err no. Shaver transformers are very poorly regulated and the output can go to around 280 volts on low load.
Old 16th Jul 2017, 5:33 pm   #22
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Metamec clock - ring main?

And they're also not generally rated for continuous service.

As previously noted, I'd wire it to a 13A plug with a stock 3A fuse. If you're desperately-paranoid and have nothing better to do in your life you could seek-out a 1A or 2A fuse to fit into the plug. me? I'd rather go down the pub!
Closed Thread