UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2017, 8:59 pm   #1
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Default Spalding Radio rally and car Boot 4th June

As title. Not huge, but a very friendly get-together with very cheap, good sized car boot pitches available. Set up from 0800. This is to attract even more sellers or just those with a few bits of radio / electronic related "junk" to dispose of.
About 40 minutes from A1 Peterborough. (Mind the average speed cameras between Crowland and Cowbit!)
Located about 1/2 a mile from the A16 Spalding bypass (B1165 roundabout, town centre exit). Left at next mini roundabout. Then a few 100 yards on left to Gleed School Academy.
Springfields Outlet Shopping and Festival Gardens is only about 1 mile away, if the wife must visit! Plenty for blokes as well. Spalding club has been established for over 50 years and welcomes all.
Details taken from RSGB site :
4 JUNE 2017
SPALDING & DARS ANNUAL RALLY
The Sir John Gleed Technology School, Halmer Gardens, Spalding, Lincs PE11 2EF.
There is free car parking on site. Doors open at 10am. There will be trade stands, an outside car boot area and there is catering on site. Details from John G4NBR 0794 630 2815 or Graham, G8NWC 0775 461 9701 or email rally-secretary@sdars.org.uk [www.sdars.org.uk]
PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR!
Rob

Last edited by CambridgeWorks; 22nd May 2017 at 9:05 pm.
Old 22nd May 2017, 9:14 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Spalding Radio rally and car Boot 4th June

Added to the calendar
Old 22nd May 2017, 9:15 pm   #3
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

Thanks bill, you are a star!
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:22 pm   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Very happy memories of Spalding - we lived there for a year in 1969 at Park Close. There was an amateur a few doors away but I was an SWL back then and didn't get to know him. We're still very friendly with a former neighbour, so we'll probably make the irksome journey, (which takes almost as long as to get from Hull to Liverpool!), and make a day of it. Our former neighbour now lives in Pinchbeck Rd - only 5 mins from the Rally - sounds a nice event.

I'll wear my name badge.
Old 23rd May 2017, 1:51 pm   #5
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

David, that would be Roy Harrison G3VPR. Lived in a bungalow on the left when approaching from Park road direction. A founder member of the club, last saw him about 2 or 3 years ago out shopping. He is well into railways having previously been a signalman I think before a tv engineer. Also keen on photography and sometimes did recording of news items for Anglia television.
Rob
Old 23rd May 2017, 4:08 pm   #6
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Thanks for reading my post Rob. Yes, that's him. Never actually met him - just saw his aerials.

When we lived there Park Close was just that - a tranquil Close (cul de sac) where small children played in the street. We were quite shocked when we visited a couple of years ago, to find that the road has been extended as a busy through road to Woolram Wygate , and that there's a bus stop outside what was 'our' house. We were only there for 9 months - we moved to Laceby, near Grimsby, in Jan 1970.

I didn't take the RAE till 1974 when I was briefly G8JIN then three months later passed the 12WMP Morse test and became G4EBT.

My wife has just confirmed with our former neighbour that it's convenient to visit, Sunday lunch is booked, and I'm looking forward to the Rally!

Hopefully, a few more forum members might head that way too.
Closed Thread