UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Feb 2012, 11:42 am   #1
FarmerPug
Retired Dormant Member

Default Realtone Model 8500

Hi
I'm interested in learning more about this radio I bought a few years ago:
Click image for larger version

Name:	moto_0053.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	62376
Its a real tone model 8500, I have searched Google in the past but I can never get any information on it, all I know is there is a sticker on the back saying 'made in Philipines'. But it was quite a good machine, the radio got great reception and the volume was good. Part of the reason I got it for £5 was the record player is not working it needs a spring that holds a wheel in place against the motor and at the moment I just have an elastic band, but there are also circlips missing so it can cut out now and them.
And the speaker connections at the back fell off, I put it in the attic but I would consider fixing it once the Murphy is out of the way.

Has anyone ever had one of these are they a good unit?
Closed Thread