UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2017, 10:27 pm   #1
davidgem1406
Heptode

Default Grundig Elite Boy 500 Cabinet

I have a Grundig Elite Boy 500 that a friend has asked me to look at.
The problem is how to remove it from the cabinet.

I thought that it was done by removing the carry handle, removing the 2 screws in the rear panel, then unscrew the 2 handle pivot screws, 1 from either side.

The handle pivot screws will turn, but they are stiff and do not actually unscrew.
I can see no other screws that could be holding the innards to the cabinet.

Can somebody please tell me if what I am thinking is correct, and how to get this radio apart.

Thanks
Best wishes
Dave.
Old 12th Oct 2017, 10:39 pm   #2
davidgem1406
Heptode

Default Re: Grundig Elite Boy 500 Cabinet

Well, it seems that I was wrong about the handle pivot screws, they don't need to come out.
I just laid the radio on its back and pulled it around a bit, the lower decorative strip, below the tuning scale came away. There was a load of muck under it that seemed to be holding it.
I gave it a good pull and out came the chassis.

So problem solved. I will know better next time.

Dave
Closed Thread