UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Feb 2022, 4:48 pm   #1
wa4mnt0696
Diode

Default National 1-10 VHF Regenerative Receiver

Hello group,

I have recently acquired a National 1-10 VHF Regen Receiver, mfg. date 2/22/1946. Originally it came six coil sets. Unfortunately the only coil I have is the "F" pair (30MHz-42MHz). I was wondering if anyone may have the plug-in details for the remaining "A" through "E" sets. Mechanically I can come close to the original designs, but need the turns count, and or, any additional component definitions. I have a copy of the original owners manual, but it is not descriptive in this area.

Thank you in advance.

Ken - wa4mnt
Clarkdale, AZ
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 2:07 pm   #2
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Re: National 1-10 VHF Regenerative Receiver

Hi Ken, welcome to the Forum. While there are numerous HRO 5's in the UK, I've never seen or heard of anyone here owning one of the VHF sets you refer to. If you cannot find the data in the US, I wouldn't be hopeful that you'll have much luck in the UK.

B
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 5:06 pm   #3
G3VKM_Roger
Heptode

Hi Ken,

There are some coil photos here:-

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums...p?f=5&t=371085

Roger/G3VKM
Old 22nd Feb 2022, 10:29 pm   #4
Gridiron
Heptode

I do have one of these receivers with 2 coils C1 and C2 which seem to cover the FM broadcast band which is working, when I tried it today I could receive Radio 2 at reasonable quality presumably by slope detection.
The coils are in clear Perspex? containers glued together so don't come apart easily but I have drawn the attached diagram from what I can see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	National 1 10 Coils C 001.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	252402  
Old 27th Feb 2022, 1:23 pm   #5
wa4mnt0696
Diode

Thank you for the "C" coils details. That is a great help. I plan to do the base in fr4 glass epoxy board, less copper, and the covers from the bottom of some plastic tablet bottles, which look very close to the originals.

73's, ken
Old 27th Feb 2022, 2:03 pm   #6
Scottart
Pentode

There’s a couple of coils on eBay at present - don’t what frequencies / band they are.
Stephen

Last edited by Cobaltblue; 27th Feb 2022 at 2:06 pm. Reason: Euphemism for eBay
Closed Thread