UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Sep 2017, 8:14 pm   #1
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Ultra Rare EMI BTR2/3 - Looking for leads on people who may have been involved

Hello all, I recently acquired a pair of EMI BTR machines, the left being a BBC spec BTR-2, the right being mostly a BTR-2 with a BTR-3 front panel. Inside the front panel where these machines have a had written serial number it says BTR2/3, from what I have been told by the last owner, he purchased it from a gentleman called Andy Lawrence who said he got it from EMI Hayes.
At the moment I have very little to go on, this machine is a one of a kind stereo machine which has REDD.18 playback amplifiers, something REDD produced from 1957 to replace the existing replay unit with overloading issues.

At the moment I believe this was something EMI Hays built but not sure why as it has a BTR3 panel, it ould suggest that the 3 was already out, possibly that they planned to roll out an upgrade to BTR-2 users to get stereo? I don't know, it could even be a prototype BTR-3, an early stereo machine? its unclear as it appears this is the only existing model and this is the first time this machine has appeared on the internet to my knowledge.

Does anyone have any information on the REDD team from 1955 - 1965 ?

Have any of you worked on the REDD electronics at Hayes?

Does anyone have any literature or archive pictures of this machine? its likely not to have had VU meters at first, I think this has been added later.

Cheers all
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pair of BTR's.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	149004  
Old 5th Sep 2017, 8:18 pm   #2
Records
Hexode

Default Re: Ultra Rare EMI BTR2/3 - Looking for leads on people who may have been involved

Wow nice machines. I'm jealous
Old 6th Sep 2017, 11:29 am   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Ultra Rare EMI BTR2/3 - Looking for leads on people who may have been involved

Thank you
Closed Thread