UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Oct 2015, 9:25 am   #1
trh01uk
Octode

Default Testers, Valve, AVO, No.3

I wonder if any of the AVO valve tester experts on here can clarify how the military AVO valve tester No.3 relates to the standard commercial models?

The military testers are called:

1. Testers, Valve, AVO, No.1

2. Testers, Valve, AVO, No.3

3. Testers, Valve, AVO, CT160

The CT160 I know about. The No.1 is the two box affair with an interconnecting lead, its quite unlike the later VCMs.

Its the AVO No.3 I would like to know about? Which one of the commercial instruments does it correspond to?

Richard
Old 27th Oct 2015, 10:06 am   #2
Dekatron
Octode

Default Re: Testers, Valve, AVO, No.3

Hi,

You can read about it in paragraph 28 on page 7 in this document: http://www.vmarsmanuals.co.uk/archiv...escription.pdf where it says

"28. Two forms of the valve tester, designated by the manufacturers as the Valve characteristic meter Mk 1 and Mk 2 respectively are held by the Service under common nomenclature, Tester,valve, Avo, No 3. The differences between the two forms are minor. Identification of the two types is a simple matter. The Mk 2 version has two base runners, handles on either side of the front panel and a small compartment for the manual, whilst these are not provided on the Mk 1. It should be noted that circuit or positional changes may occur which have not been detailed in this regulation. This is due to the fact that the instrument was not designed solely for Service use and hence changes may occur without prior Service consultation." - any errors in this text is due to the OCR-software!

/Martin
Old 27th Oct 2015, 10:03 pm   #3
trh01uk
Octode

Default Re: Testers, Valve, AVO, No.3

Martin,

thanks a lot. That's unconfused me nicely!

Richard
Closed Thread