UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2015, 1:43 am   #1
Karen O
Rest in Peace

Default Hallicrafters Super Skyrider

I am reliably informed that there is one of these on sale in a shop in Nottingham ('Fifty-Fifty', Sherwood). It is apparently missing two (octal) valves but otherwise intact.
Forgot to ask price!
Old 18th May 2015, 5:52 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Hallicrafters Super Skyrider

Nice receivers, I have one, works very well, the xtal filter is sharp as a pin on mine, they have a BFO injection level control on the front panel, not too bad to work on either not that I have replaced anything in it yet, still running on it's waxies for the moment...... A bit more room inside to maneuver compared to say the SX28, if the price is right it would be worth having.

Lawrence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HalliSX17 003.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	108448  
Old 19th May 2015, 12:06 pm   #3
Karen O
Rest in Peace

I now have the website for the shop in question:

www.enigma-antiques.co.uk
Old 21st May 2015, 5:38 am   #4
FrankB
Heptode

Around here, I find most of the Hallicrafters sets have bad IFT's.
Either from the winding insulation failing, or "Silver Mica Disease" on the "newer" ones.

(I must have sold off 20+ of them from my collection, as I just plain got tired of the bad IFT's.)
Closed Thread