UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jan 2012, 5:04 pm   #21
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Re: Technics SL-PG440A CD Player - Needs help!

Hi Michael,

I nearly commented earlier; I've never owned a Technics with anything other than a Philips mech

I'm aware that earlier models used their own, and we still have some top-loading '1200s with their linear voicecoil actuator, but my first CD player (an SL-P222A) back in 1989 used the CDM4. I have a later model that uses the later linear sled transport from Philips - this was bought in 1996 IIRC.

Those CDM4s are very reliable, and happily many are available second-hand today. There's a least 3 here, all in working machines. I'm sure it would be easy to find a "donor" machine with a good motor if required.

All the best,

Mark
Closed Thread